Saturday, May 5, 2012

You're Never Too Old For New Ventures.

I'm going to jump right into this feet first as in everything else in life I've tried.  I figure at just a smidge over a half century old why change now?

For those of you who know me, you know that I am an avid Face Book user or abuser as some might say, nonetheless I enjoy my daily posts.  I've taken my fair share of ribbing, teasing, cajoling, even verbalized disgust from some folks regarding my page, but I figure, it's my page I'll do what I want!  I'm not on a soap box, being a drama queen or touting the worlds woes and foes.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking those who do those things, life would be boring if we were all the same! 

If you happen to be my "friend" on FB, you know I really don't get too involved in personal details, that's the stuff to me that should remain private.  My page is filled with travel details and woes, pictures of food and libations and sometimes just all together nonsense.

With all that being said, I've had several folks comment on how they "absolutely love" my page, following me on my latest adventures and seeing the foods I've tried.  Several times I've been urged by friends to write a blog.  Blog, what in Sam blazes is a blog?   Here I sit at my computer, trying my new so-called hobby.  A blog. I am now a blogger, bloggee, bloggette.  Not quite sure what you call it, but I will try my hand.

So, here's the background.  I travel immensely for my job.  What I do for a living is really of no importance to this blog, other than the fact that my job affords me the opportunity to literally be in a new state every week.  I am home about six days a month, which makes my home and family time very precious to me.  I have been blessed with the love of a very good man and four amazing adult kids who make my life worth living.  I've made many friends over the years because of my travel and have even lost a few, but I wouldn't trade my experiences for anything in the world.  I love my job and those who know me will attest.

This is the introduction to my blog,  if you would like to read of my adventures as I fly to and  from numerous airports, dine in many different cities, yes there will be lots of pictures of food, stay at various hotels, fight my way through traffic, security lines and deal with just plain old crabby people, please join me.  Fasten your seats belts, make sure your tray table is in an upright and locked position and welcome to my ride...

                                                           DISCLAIMER

I am not a professional writer, which I'm sure will show with my improper use of grammar from time to time.  If I'm smart I'll have my daughter -in-law who teaches English review my posts...aahh, maybe not, that would require homework.  This is strictly my opinion with no intention to cause any harm, disrespect or hurt anyone who reads it.  It is simply an attempt at humor ~ thanks for coming along!





No comments:

Post a Comment